The IT Unit is mainly responsible for the implementation of the ‘Corporate Governance of Information Communication Technology’ by aligning TETA’s strategic vision and objectives with ICT for the purpose of optimising the ICT enablement of adequate and efficient service delivery. The IT unit is also responsible for automation of TETA’s key business processes and ensuring that the automated or information systems and information residing in those systems is integrated, agile, intelligent and secured from emerging cybercrimes.
The strategic functions for the IT unit are as follows:
- Ensuring adequate ICT Governance processes, plans and programmes;
- Information Security which includes Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery systems;
- Business Process alignment and continuous improvements;
- Provision and ensuring of availability of ICT infrastructure and related services to internal stakeholders;
- Portfolio, programme and project management and support;